Viewings of properties may be carried out by a representative of Howie, Kent & Co or by the landlord themselves. Once you have viewed a property, if you are interested to proceed, you will need to confirm to Howie, Kent & Co that you wish to do so.
Howie, Kent & Co will conduct all referencing on behalf of the landlord. This includes employment references, previous landlord references, bank references and credit checks. In addition, your right to rent in the UK and identity will also be checked in accordance with government guidelines.
The first month’s rent is due in advance of the commencement of the tenancy, payable by BACS. Further monthly rental payments must be made by standing order.
Your deposit is due in advance of the commencement of the tenancy, payable by BACS. The deposit will be registered with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. This deposit is held to cover any damage to the property at the end of the tenancy. The equivalent of 5 weeks rent will be charged as a deposit.
Terms and conditions
Acceptance or refusal of a tenant’s application is at the sole discretion of the landlord.
Before the tenancy starts (payable to Howie Kent & Co ‘the Agent’)
- Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent
- Deposit: 5 weeks’ rent
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
- Payment capped at £50 including VAT if you want to make a change the tenancy agreement, including novation and variation of assigning of contract.
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent capped at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate after 14 days of rent being overdue.
- Payment for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices, at cost price.
- Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
Other permitted payments
- Payment of rent to either the landlord/Agent
- Payment of utilities to either the utility provider, or the landlord if the utilities are supplied by the landlord.
- Payment of communication services to the service providers
- Payment of Council Tax to the local Authority.
For more information on Tenant Fees please see below fee schedules
Howie Kent & Co is part of a Client Money Protection Scheme (membership number A6478), which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of Property Redress Scheme (membership number PRS012298), which is a redress scheme.